I was out mowing the lawn and thinking about the Orlando tragedy as it related to the heart of God. Wow. Devastation. Our Dad- his heart aching for every one of His children on all sides of the story.
I thought about the reality that if our hearts don't break when people's are lost- no matter who they are or where they are or what the circumstance-we have become calloused. I know my heart has been calloused. I see it flash across the screen-an article, a video..another day, another tragedy. If it's not "my people" or "my neighborhood" or directly connected to me- I see it, and I move on. Untouched. Unaffected.
Not the Father. His heart aches. His heart beats..to see each and everyone of His kids reconciled to his heart. Desiring that each one would know their identity as He originally designed them-created in His image. he cries out "don't sell yourself short. Don't buy the lies. Come to Me- I have the rest your soul longs for." He longs for each one to know how valued and treasured they are-how forgiven and wanted...What a Father. What a Friend. What a King.
A Father who gave up His only Son, in order that we might be reconciled to Him. Teach my heart to ache with yours Daddy God. Teach me to love like you love. To see with Your eyes. To hear with your ears. To believe all things. To hope all things. To endure all things.
What a Dad. Do you know Him?
No comments:
Post a Comment