I am so stoked, the last 2 days I was able to get out and go snowboarding with the BDTS. Thanks friends! I am so incredibly blown away! Snowboarding is exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. I was super nervous about getting off the lifts, but 4 out of 5 times yesterday were successes! Even the one time that Eunmi and I got off together and she was holding on to me..we almost ran a skier over! Oops!
Eunmi is from S. Korea, we have students from S. Korea, England, S. Africa, Ethiopia, Canada, Mexico, Romania, Australia, Germany (i think?) & of course the states! It's so fun to have so many places represented. And when we as believers all come together it's a beautiful kaleidoscope of God's creativity.
Today I am just relaxing and resting my aching neck and shoulders! (hurting from falling.)
Tomorrow we all go down the mountain and spend the day down so everyone can do laundry, buy things they need and we will have our weekly staff meeting with those who are staying down all the time.
Being up here in the mountains is really good for students and staff. We are all in close community and you know the whole concept of "iron sharpening iron" ...that happens! You can't walk away from the things that bother you, so you have to deal with selfishness and God can hone a lot of tough areas! Try living with 91 other people sometime :-)
1 comment:
so glad things are going well... and I'm happy you are picking up snowboarding so quickly!! it is great and riding up the chairlifts (with random ppl) give a great opportunity to share GOD with people =)
Post a Comment